Started in Russia in 2013 with one of the names of “death groups”, F57, the Blue Whale Game doesn’t need an introduction today. The game came into limelight after a spate of teen of suicides were believed to be connected with this game. This dare-based game has already taken a toll over the lives of many people. It includes 50 challenges that a participant has to complete.
The group of the administrators gives a participant a certain task or challenge to complete at a specified time. Blue Whale tasks may change over a period of time, but the 50 tasks that have been shared by the Russian and Lithuanian websites are as follows:
- Carve a particular phrase or the combination of letters on the participant’s own hand or arm
- Wake up at 4:20am and watch a disheartening video (sent by the curator)
- Carve three cuts on the veins of the arm (Not so deep)
- Draw a whale on a piece of paper
- If the participant is ready to become a whale then he/she has to write “Yes” on his/her own leg. If no, then they have to cut themselves a multiple times (punish yourself)
- Special tasks (written in secret codes)
- Scratch F40 on your arm
- Type “#i_am_whale” in your VKontakte status
- Overcome your biggest fear
- Wake up at 4:20 and go to the roof
- Make a drawing on the hand or carve a whale on your arm
- Watching scary or psychedelic videos all day long
- Listen to the particular audios or music sent by the curator
- Cut your lip
- Poke your hand with a needle many times
- Make yourself sick by doing something really painful
- Find the highest roof around you and stand on its edge for a while
- Stand on the edge of a bridge
- Climb up a crane
- Curator will give you a secret code to check you trust
- Talk with another “Whale”, i.e. another player on the Skype
- Sit on the edge of a roof with your legs dangling
- Secret tasks embed with a cipher
- Meeting with the whale
- The curator will tell you the date of your death and you have to accept it
- Visit any rail road you find
- Don’t talk to anyone all day
- Make an oath or vow that you are a whale now
- For the rest of the days (30-49), the participant has to repeat some of the previously given tasks like waking up at 4:20am, watching horror videos, carving a cut on your arm every day, talking to the whale and more.
- The final day, the final task, i.e. Death!
They will give you some options for dying. These are:
- Jumping out of the window
- Tablets with negative effects
- Go under the train
- Hang up yourself to the ceiling fan
On completion of every task, the participant has to send the picture to the curator, as a proof of the task completion. Don’t be stupid enough to play this life-taking game!
This article written by Ellie Williams. She works with a Help Desk Number. She has been writing security issues, McAfee Antivirus Errors, Browser Problems and other Technical issues blogs since 2011 .