Quicken is a personal finance management tool that helps you take complete control of your financial life. It is available for both Windows and macOS. The latest version of Quicken for Windows lets its users, access more than 11000 online billers and bill PDF downloads. It also includes expanded and enhanced custom report layout options and direct Excel reports, 5GB of secure online backup for your Quicken files with Dropbox. It also offer richer performance analysis with buy and hold comparison and other features.
While using Quicken for Windows, one may find several issues at different point of times. Data integrity errors are most common among those errors. There could be the following data integrity issues:
- Categories or numbers incorrectly related in reports when all report settings are correct
- Dates missing from reports when all report settings are correct
- Data file backups that cannot be restored
- Missing categories or tags
- Inability to assign categories in split transactions
To troubleshoot any of the aforementioned issues, follow the below mentioned validate steps. Before you follow them, don’t forget to restore a backup, to have a fall-back file that you can use to get back to where you were before starting the troubleshooting. Also make sure your Quicken is updated to the latest version. Here are the steps:
- Validate your data file
- Remember to accept all the transactions that are waiting in the compare-to-register screen before initiating validate process. For this, check the Downloaded Transactions tab, which is available at the bottom of your account register.
- Now, click on the File and then from the File Operations, choose Validate and Repair
- If you are currently in the data file that you are validating, it will be automatically selected. However, to validate any other file, simply click Browse and then locate that file
- Once you select, put a check in front of the Validate File
- For investment-related errors, click on the check button available just next to Rebuild Investing Lots and Delete Investing Price History
- Hit OK
- Copy your file and Validate
After trying the aforementioned troubleshooting solution, if you still face an error then try the below mentioned solution:
- Open File followed by File Operations and then Copy
- Don’t change any setting on the next screen and wait till the copy process finishes
- Now, choose Open New Copy
- In the New Copy, go to File -> File Operations -> Validate & Repair -> Validate to ensure there are no lingering issues with the data in this file
- If there was any issue with Investment account latency or any other data error with an investment account, make sure to select Rebuild Lots during this procedure
- Once the process finishes, review the Data_Log.txt for messages pertaining to the quality of your data and resolve any that are advised with instructions you should follow
- Test your regular procedure(s) to see if the issue you were encountering is now resolved
If the problem still persists, contact Quicken customer support team and get the best solution of these data integrity errors by a certified technician. The team offers round-the-clock customer support, so you can call them anytime as per your convenience.
Sherry Williams, the author of this article is expert in providing the solutions for the most basic to the complex security issues with Quicken, antivirus errors, browser problems and other allied issues. She has been writing technical articles and blogs from the last 14 years.