McAfee is one of the popular names when it comes to find a reliable online security solution for your home or business PC. McAfee products give the users an assurance that their PC is protected from all kinds of virus attacks and phishing scams that may lead to stealing of your important data and confidential information. Like any other software, McAfee may stop scanning your PC due to different errors. It may cause an issue with its subscription renewal. The most common issue in this is when you have a subscription with several months left for renewal, but it still asks you for renewal. In this case you may receive one of the following messages in a red banner:
Your Computer is At Risk. Renew Your Subscription
Protect What You Value Cause
The main cause of this error to occur includes, issue with your internet connection or improper system settings, local McAfee account errors and an issue with your McAfee database information. Apart from this, there could be possibilities due to which you are viewing this message. These scenarios are as follows:
- If you have recently renewed your McAfee subscription using the same old address with which you have purchased it.
- If you have renewed your McAfee subscription recently but purchased some other product suite than what was already running on your PC
- If your McAfee subscription has been expired and you haven’t renewed it
In first and second case, follow the below mentioned steps and stop where the error gets resolved. However, in third case simply renew the product by visiting McAfee official website and visiting the renewal tab. It will ask you to login to your account (if not logged in). Provide your registered email ID and password and then click sign in. Choose your subscription and renew it by following the on-screen instructions.
- Run Verify Subscription to sync the expiration date from server to your computer system
- To do this, right-click the M icon and click Verify Subscription
- Now, click Yes on being prompted
- Wait for the process to complete
If it doesn’t work, do the following:
- Check your computer’s date, time and time zone by double-clicking the clock in the bottom-right corner of your desktop
- Adjust the system date, time, and time zone, if required
Go for McAfee Virtual Technician and follow these steps:
- Go to Troubleshoot and Repair
- Hit Download and Run button
- Now, save the mvt.exe file at your preferred location
- Run the file by double-clicking over it
- Choose Yes, if the Windows User Account Control asks your permission to run the file
- Wait until the McAfee Virtual Technician gets installed on your device
- Once installed, the MVT will automatically scan your PC to fix the issue associated with your McAfee product
- If it detects an error and ask you the following:
- Select Autofix and follow the on-screen instructions to troubleshoot the issue
- Contact McAfee Activate team, if the problem still persists
If none of the aforementioned solution works, then uninstall your McAfee product and reinstall it by using the same product key.
Author’s Bio- Sherry Williams has four years experience in technical writing. She keeps a strict vigil on the latest technological changes in Microsoft Windows, HP devices, antivirus and more happening around the world. She studies every invention or change deeply, and then make her readers update about those changes via her articles and blogs.