Quicken is a personal finance management tool with its major marketplace in North America. However, its different versions (Quicken Starter, Quicken Deluxe, Quicken Rental Property Manager, Quicken Premier, and Quicken Home & Business) are also available for other marketplaces. You can access Quicken on both Windows and macOS. For this, you have to purchase, download and then install it on your device.
Besides having so much of perfection in development, you may find an issue using Quicken after a patch release. This happens if the software has not been installed properly on your device. To troubleshoot this error, QCleanUI has come to the rescue. It can be used mainly to correct patching issues and correct installations.
QCleanUI can also be used to fix data issues or password errors such as Quicken ID password and Vault Password. The steps to download and use QCleanUI have been mentioned below. Follow them to fix this error:
- Backup your important data in Quicken. If you are not able to open the software, then simply skip this step and continue
- Now, uninstall Quicken by opening the Control Panel and then, choosing the software from Add/Remove programs
- Create a new folder on the desktop
- Right-click on the desktop
- Select New and then folder
- Name the folder (optional)
- Now, click QCleanUI.exe and save this file to the newly created folder
- Also click MSICLEAN.exe and save this file to the same new folder
- Open the new folder and double-click QcleanUI.exe
- Choose “clean all versions”
- Click Clean (The process may take several minutes to finish)
- Click Quict to close QcleanUI
Rename Quicken Shared Folders
- Follow the steps from 2 onwards to Show hidden files and folders. It may happen that some of the folders that are required to be renamed in the following steps do not show even after choosing to Show hidden files and folders. If it happens, continue through the steps and rename the folders that do appear.
- In the C:\Program Data\Intuit folder, right-click the Quicken folder. Select Rename, give the folder a different, unique name, then press Enter.
- In the C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Intuit folder, right-click the Quicken folder. Select Rename, give the folder a different, unique name, then press Enter.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each user on your computer.
- In the C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) folder, right-click the Quicken installation folder. Select Rename, give the folder a different, unique name, then press Enter.
- Restart your computer, and install Quicken again.
If this doesn’t work for you, then contact Quicken customer support team and get the error fixed by a certified technician. They offer support services 24*7*365. Hope the information was useful!
Sherry Williams, the author of this article is expert in providing the solutions for the most basic to the complex security issues with Quicken, antivirus errors, browser problems and other allied issues. She has been writing technical articles and blogs from the last 14 years.